Blank Page Books
Terms and Conditions
This website is operated by Blank Page Books and is accessible at: www.blankpagebooks.africa
Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Blank Page Books. We offer this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated in this website.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by our terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all users of the website, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms and Conditions thoroughly before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions, then you may not access the website or use any of its services.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms and Conditions. You can review the most current version of the Terms and Conditions at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms and Conditions by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- You may use this website to:
- browse and print the website Content,
- purchase products
- leave comments on the various blog posts, opinion polls and/or bulletin boards,
- participate in any competition or promotion conducted through the Website.
- The Permitted use does not extend to the source code of this website or of the source code of any software or computer program that forms part of the website Content.
- You are not allowed, without the prior written approval of Blank Page books, to:
modify, distribute, commercialise, exploit and/or alter this website or the website content.
You are not allowed to use this website or our products:
- for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you violate any laws in your territory (including but not limited to copyright laws).
to transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability;
- to submit false or misleading information;
- to collect or track the personal information of others;
- to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape;
- for any obscene or immoral purpose;
- to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet.
We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
- You may be required to register with the website in order to access certain services or areas of the website. With respect to such registration:
we may refuse to grant you, and you may not use,
- a username (or email address) that is already being used by someone else;
- a username (or email address) that may be construed as impersonating another person;
- a username (or email address) that may belong to another person;
- a username (or email address) that violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person;
- a username (or email address) that is offensive or
- a username (or email address) that we reject for any other reason in our sole discretion.
- Your username and password are for your personal use and not for use by any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password you may use to access the website, and agree not to transfer your password or username, or lend or otherwise transfer your use of or access to the website, to any third party. A
- You are fully responsible for all interactions with the website that occurs in connection with your password or username. You agree to immediately notify Blank Page Books of any unauthorised use of your password or username or any other breach of security related to your account or the website, and to ensure that you log off/exit from your account with the website (if applicable) at the end of each session. Blank Page Books shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with any of the foregoing obligations.
Products and availability
- We by all means attempt to ensure that our product listings are up to date as to product availability, but do not guarantee the availability of stock. When we cannot fulfil a product order because the stock has run out, we will notify you and you will be entitled to a full refund of the amount paid by you for that product within no more than thirty (30) days of that notice.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours and images of our products that appear on the website. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor’s display of any colour will be accurate.
3. The descriptions of products and product pricing are subject to change without notice, at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
4. We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- All our products display the price of the relevant product. Where an item is on sale or promotion, the price displayed is the discounted price.
- In addition to the product price, you are liable for a delivery fee, which shall be calculated at checkout depending on the chosen delivery method. Standard rates apply.
- All payments must be made into our bank account, and are accepted via credit card, bank deposit or electronic funds transfer (EFT).
- When making a payment, you will be provided with instructions for payment, and your payment shall be subject to the following additional rules:
- You must pay the exact amount due;
- You must identify your payment by recording your order number in the reference section of your deposit slip or EFT;
- Your order will be cancelled if payment is not received in our bank account within seven (7) working days of placing your order. Please note, Blank Page Books will not be held liable for products becoming unavailable due to delayed payments.
Accurate account information
- In the event that we make a change to or cancelation of an order that was made, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made.
- You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
Refunds and Returns
For more detail, please read our Returns and Refunds Policy.
We deliver our products throughout South Africa, via courier. We do not ordinarily deliver beyond the borders of South Africa. However, should you wish to order a product internationally, please contact us at: email@example.com in order to obtain a quotation which shall include delivery charges.
- Whilst we strive to ensure that all descriptions, purchase prices, and other particulars are accurate on the website, we reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice, including after you have submitted your order.
- We shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense you may incur in the event of any transaction based upon erroneous information, except in the instance of an incorrect purchase price, in which case our liability is limited to offering you the option of proceeding with the transaction on the basis of the correct purchase price, or cancelling the transaction and receiving either a credit or a refund of the monies already paid by you. We reserve the right to cancel any transaction prior to delivery of the product concerned to you if the transaction has proceeded on the basis of an inaccurate purchase price.
Third-parties and links
- Certain content, products and services available on our website may include materials from third-parties. Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or products and services of third-parties.
2. We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review the third-party’s policies and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
- Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-parties.
- We do not guarantee or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
2. You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
3. You agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
4. In no case shall Blank Page Books, our directors, employees, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Enforcing the Terms and Conditions
The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
In the future, we may offer new services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
You can review the most current version of the Terms and Conditions at any time on this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these and Conditions by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website and the services following the posting of any changes to these Terms and Conditions constitutes acceptance of those changes.
These Terms of Service are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms of Service at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our Services, or when you cease using our site.
If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
If you have any questions or concerns arising from these Term and Conditions, please do contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org