Blank Page Books
This policy forms a part of the Terms to which you are required to agree in order to access and use our Website. It sets out specific terms concerning information we may collect from you, how we may use, share and retain it, our measures with regard to security and as well as your rights to make enquiries about your personal information.
Collection of Personal information
- Some personal information is collected automatically when you visit the Website, some is collected when you register an account on the Website, and some is provided by you voluntarily by other means. Should you decide to register as a user on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information including but not limited to:
- Your name and surname;
- Your email address
- Your physical address
- Your mobile number; and
- Your date of birth
- You may additionally choose to provide other personal information to us on a voluntary basis when you pay for an order via the Website, download from the Website, enter competitions, take up promotions, respond to surveys, or otherwise use optional features of the Website.
- You agree that, whenever you provide us with personal information, you will provide accurate and current information, and not impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
What do we do with your information?
- We have an obligation to use your personal information if such use is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property, to protect the safety of any person or the general public, or to prevent a violation of the Terms.
- Subject to legal obligations above, we will not use your personal information for any purpose other than following, without your express consent:
- For to the ordering and delivery to you of our titles;
- To contact you regarding current or new titles offered by us (unless you have opted out of receiving marketing material from us);
- To inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us (unless you have opted out of receiving marketing material from us); and
- To improve our product selection and your experience on the Website by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking your sales on the Website; or
- For any other purpose/s that you indicated when you agreed to provide the personal information to us.
How do you give your consent?
When you provide us with your personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
How do you withdraw your consent?
You may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com
We are entitled to disclose your personal information if such disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property, to protect the safety of any person or the general public, or to prevent a violation of the Terms.
- If we use third-party providers, the third-part providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
- However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- We may disclose anonymous aggregate statistics, which is general information about the personal information of the customer population, to advertisers or business partners.
- If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we will disclose any such change.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
- To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- We will notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information.
- Whilst we endeavour to protect your privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
- If you disclose your personal information to a third party, such as the operator of a linked website, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising, suffered by you as a result of such disclosure, as the use of such information is not subject to our control. We make no representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third-party websites and recommend that you familiarise yourself with some before disclosing any information.
- There may be small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device when you visit the Website. These files do not contain personal information, but allow us to recognise repeat visitors, personalise the Website experiences, track usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will allow us to improve the functionality of the Website and its content.
- Your internet browser generally accepts cookies automatically, but you can often change this setting to stop accepting them. You can also delete cookies manually. However, no longer accepting cookies or deleting them will prevent you from accessing certain aspects of the Website where cookies are necessary.
- If you do not disable “cookies”, you are deemed to consent to our use of any information collected using those cookies.
- The changes or modifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website. We will notify you here of the updates, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
- If we undergo a change in ownership or merge with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
Age of consent
By using this site, you agree that you are at least the age of majority in your country or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your country or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Questions and concerns